No matter how serious the circumstances are, if you are being charged with a crime in Yuma, you should consider contacting an experienced Yuma criminal defense attorney. These lawyers can review the charges you are dealing with, recommend a course of action you should take, and go over how they can help you through this difficult ordeal. However, before you retain the first criminal defense lawyer you come across, it is crucial to consider the following factors.
What To Look for in a Yuma Criminal Defense Attorney
When searching for a criminal defense attorney in Yuma, it is important to look for certain qualities in the lawyer. These qualities include the following:
You want an attorney who has significant experience handling cases that are similar to yours. You also want to verify that these legal professionals have ample courtroom experience and knowledge of the court system.
You want to find an attorney who can work well with you, answer all the questions you have, and be available when you need them.
When looking for a criminal defense attorney, it may be a good idea to check the firm’s reviews and other available testimonials. You should also look into their work history and see if they have received any awards, whether they belong to any professional organizations, and what people say about their overall reputation.
The Questions You Should Ask a Yuma Criminal Defense Attorney
When you narrow down your search to one or two potential criminal defense attorneys, consider asking these legal professionals the below questions to learn more about their background and whether they are the right fit for you:
- How much do your services cost?
- Do you charge an hourly fee or a flat fee?
- Do you need a retainer to start work on my case?
- What additional fees are there that I should know about?
- What type of legal options do you think I have?
- What are some things that could go wrong with my case?
- What legal strategies would help me?
- How long have you been practicing law?
- How long have you practiced criminal defense?
- How much experience do you have working on cases that are similar to mine?
- Do you head to trial often?
- Will I only be working with you on my case?
- How often will you be able to take my calls and answer my questions?
- Who else will be involved with my case?
- Will I need to make an appointment whenever I need to talk or see you?
Contact an Experienced Yuma Criminal Defense Attorney Today
If you have been charged with a crime in Yuma, do not wait to get the legal help you need. Instead, contact Territorial Law, LLC today or call us at 928-543-5092 to review your case for free. With over 20 years of shared experience protecting clients, our legal team is ready to fight for your rights and help you obtain the best possible outcome for your case.