Following a personal injury accident, you may be entitled to pursue certain types of financial damages. However, to better understand these options, consider going over the accident with an experienced personal injury attorney. These legal professionals can not only go over your legal options and the remedies you can fight for, but many of these attorneys offer a free initial consultation to review your case and the choices you have.
Yet, to get the most out of this meeting, it is essential to come prepared. That is why below we will discuss what things you should bring when you meet with your Yuma personal injury attorney for the first time.
The Documents To Bring With You
The first thing you want to bring with you when you meet with an attorney is all the documents you have regarding the accident, including the following:
- Medical documents explaining your treatment plan and diagnoses
- Medical bills related to doctor visits, hospitalization, therapist appointments, and other medical treatments related to your injuries from the accident
- Documents explaining the future treatments that are needed
- Names and addresses of every place you received treatment
- A list of current medications you were prescribed
- Paperwork explaining your insurance coverage, including your health insurance and automobile insurance
- Documentation related to your lost income resulting from the injury and the dates you missed from work
- Copies of all the official reports you received, including the police report or any other documents related to the incident
- Any photos or videos you have of the accident scene and the injuries sustained
- A list of witness names and their contact information
You can also ask the attorney what other documents they may want you to bring to help them figure out the legal actions you should take next.
The Questions To Ask Your Attorney
Another thing you want to determine during your initial consultation is whether the attorney is the right fit for you and your case. That is why when you meet with these legal professionals, you may want to ask them some questions regarding their background, including the following:
- How many years have you practiced personal injury law?
- How many personal injury cases have you handled? Out of those, how many cases did you win, and how many cases did you settle?
- Would you be handling my case personally? Or will someone else in the firm take on my case?
- What type of issues do you see in my case?
- How do you plan on handling these issues?
- What will be the legal process involved with my case?
- How long do you think my case will take to resolve?
- How will you communicate with me and keep me updated regarding my case?
- Will experts be needed to prove my case?
- What are the time limits involved with my case?
In addition, you should also discuss legal fees and how these lawyers will charge for their services. This way, you will better understand the costs you will have to deal with.
Contact Territorial Law, LLC, To Schedule Your Free Case Consultation
If you have questions following your Yuma personal injury accident, contact Territorial Law, LLC today to schedule your free case consultation, or call us at 928-766-4705 and let us provide you with the legal help you need.