Sex Crimes Attorneys in Yuma
Sex Offender Laws in Yuma, Arizona
Victims of sex offenses can be traumatized for life and face difficulty forming healthy relationships. As a result, people can be more cautious than necessary in their efforts to protect against these kinds of offenses. Unfortunately, that means people can be falsely accused or alleged to have done things far in excess of anything that actually occurred. You need an experienced Yuma criminal defense lawyer on your side who can build a strong case in your defense.
At Territorial Law, we help clients accused of many different kinds of sex crimes, including:
- Sexual assault
- Child molestation
- Possession of child pornography
- Indecent exposure
While you may feel your situation is hopeless, our team is here to stand by your side and help you feel hopeful and confident about the proceedings ahead. Our team possesses over 60 years of proven legal experience, and we know what it takes to build strong cases that help our clients avoid a conviction.
Territorial Law, L.L.C. Sex Offender Legal Counsel
If you are convicted of a sex crime, you will be forced to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. This will permanently ruin your reputation and make life extremely difficult. It is crucial that you fight relentlessly to protect yourself, no matter how difficult it may be to do so.
With us on your side, we may be able to help you prove:
- The act was consensual: While most rape accusations are legitimate, there are those which are merely used to tarnish a person’s good name and hurt their standing. We may be able to find evidence that proves you are not the villain they make you out to be.
- Mistaken identity: There are cases where a person simply does not name the right perpetrator. They may be confused or unsure. We may be able to help the court see you could not have been the person to commit this crime.
- Ulterior motives: When couples split up, one party may use a horrific accusation to prevent the other party from having something they want. We may be able to show through communications that your accuser tried to hurt you with a false accusation.
- You were not in your right mind: Sometimes, people act in a way that is completely different from their normal behavior. We may be able to call witnesses to reinforce your good character and keep you from having to register as a sex offender.
While all crimes carry a certain amount of stigma and disapproval, few allegations are as immediately damaging to a person’s reputation as a sex offense. The accusation alone can destroy a person’s ability to lead a normal life, and while the law affords you to be innocent until proven guilty, your good name demands that you exonerate yourself as much as possible. At Territorial Law, we have the experience to help clients protect themselves from the devastating consequences of a sex crime conviction. Schedule your free consultation today to learn more about how we can help.