Motor vehicle accidents can happen for many reasons. However, if you were injured in a rear-end crash because of another person’s negligence, reckless actions, or intentional acts, you may be able to pursue compensation for the harm and losses you suffered. Unfortunately, determining how much money you can obtain following this accident is not easy, as these amounts can vary significantly depending on the circumstances.
The Factors That Can Impact the Worth of Your Legal Claim
When it comes to obtaining compensation following a Yuma rear-end accident, numerous factors can impact your recovery amount, including:
- The severity of the injuries you sustained after the accident
- Whether you suffered a permanent disability following the crash
- The medical treatments you will need now and in the future
- The ability to work after the accident
- The amount of lost income endured from not being able to work after the crash
- The defendant’s culpability
- The credibility of the evidence and witnesses presented
- The number of people involved in the crash
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The extent of the property damages
- The need for replacement services (i.e., childcare, cleaning services)
- The ability to take part in activities you did prior to the accident
- Your patience and willingness to wait for the other side to offer you the compensation you need
Although an attorney cannot guarantee that you will recover a specific amount of money after a Yuma rear-end accident, these lawyers can look into how these factors can impact your case, prepare the strongest legal arguments in response to them, and help you pursue maximum damages.
Watch Out for the Insurance Companies
Another factor that can impact the amount of money you receive following a Yuma rear-end car accident is the insurance company. While many people believe that the insurer will want to assist them in securing compensation after an accident to cover their losses and damages, this is not how these companies work.
Rather, insurers want to make a profit, and by paying out less in claims, the more money they make. That is why these insurers and their reps will do everything to get you to settle for less than you are entitled to or try to find something that can hurt your case and deny your claim altogether.
For these reasons, before you discuss anything with the insurance companies or accept any settlement offer from them, consider first discussing the situation with a knowledgeable Yuma car accident attorney. These legal professionals can handle the discussions with the insurance company for you and help you go after the fair settlement amount you deserve.
Contact a Yuma Car Accident Attorney Today and Fight for the Money You Need
If you suffered injuries in a Yuma rear-end car accident, it is time to fight back. Contact Territorial Law, LLC today to schedule a free case evaluation, or call us at 928-766-4705 and let our legal team explain how we can assist you in going after the financial recovery you need.