If you receive negligent medical care in Arizona, you may be entitled to seek compensation for the losses you have suffered due to the medical professional’s negligence. This compensation could cover expenses related to subsequent medical care, lost income due to inability to work, as well as any pain and suffering you have experienced because of your injuries. However, before pursuing this legal claim, it is essential to understand what this compensation entails, whether there is a cap on these monetary damages, and what you need to do to go after the compensation you deserve.
Arizona Laws Regarding Medical Malpractice Compensation
In some states, there are limits on the amount of financial awards that can be given in medical malpractice cases. However, in Arizona, the state’s Constitution prohibits any limit on medical malpractice damages. This means that if a patient wins a medical malpractice lawsuit in Arizona, there is no cap on the amount of compensation they can receive.
The Financial Damages You Can Pursue in an Arizona Medical Malpractice Case
If you have been injured because of medical malpractice in Arizona, you may be eligible for two types of monetary damages – economic damages, which are losses that can be easily calculated, and non-economic damages, which are losses that are more challenging to quantify and prove.
These damages include losses such as:
- Medical bills
- Cost of prescription medications
- Lost income and loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anxiety
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Psychological injuries
How Much Is Your Medical Malpractice Case Worth in Arizona?
It is very hard to come up with a “typical” or “average” settlement amount for malpractice cases in Arizona because each case is unique. In fact, to calculate how much a case can be worth, an experienced Arizona medical malpractice attorney will need to review several factors, including the following:
- The strength of the liability
- The severity of harm caused
- The cost of medical bills involved
- The cost of lost income or lost earning potential
- The degree to which the harm has impacted the victim’s life
If you want to know more about the financial damages you can go after following a medical malpractice incident in Arizona, reach out to an experienced Arizona medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact Territorial Law, LLC, To Learn More About Medical Malpractice in Arizona
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to medical malpractice in Arizona, our legal team at Territorial Law, LLC can help you seek the compensation you are entitled to. Once retained, our legal team can:
- Review the facts of what happened and determine what legal options you can pursue.
- Build a strong and persuasive case and obtain evidence to validate your legal claim.
- Take on the other side and the insurance companies and fight for a fair settlement.
- Ensure that legal motions and documents are prepared and filed before time runs out.
- Head to trial and fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
To learn more about your legal options regarding medical malpractice, contact Territorial Law, LLC today for a free case review.