Lawyer in Yuma
Since earning his J.D. and being admitted to practice law in Arizona, Attorney Cid R. Kallen has established a successful legal career thanks to his diverse background and extensive professional experiences.
Before attending law school, Cid served in the United States Marine Corps in various positions between 1999 and 2004. During the latter half of his military service, Cid enrolled in Southern Illinois University Carbondale and earned his B.S. in Electronics Systems Technologies. He also completed Duquesne University School of Law and China University of Political Science & Law’s Chinese Law Program in Beijing in 2007. Throughout law school, Cid held various legal positions, serving as a judicial intern for Judge Samuel A. Thumma, Superior Court of Arizona and as a legal intern for the City of Glendale’s Prosecutor’s Office. After graduating in 2009, he joined the Office of the Legal Defender in Yuma County as an assistant legal defender. He went on to serve as Assistant Federal Public Defender with the Federal Public Defender, District of Arizona.
In 2013, Cid founded his own private practice, Kallen Law, P.L.L.C. based in Yuma. Since then, the firm has grown into what is now Territorial Law, L.L.C. Cid manages a significant caseload while performing duties as the managing partner, including business development, staff and personnel management, and daily office work.
When representing clients, Cid’s highest priority is to inform and educate them. His goal for each client is to fully understand their situation and the law as it applies to their case. He works tirelessly to master the details of every case, striving to learn the facts and applicable law better than anyone else in the courtroom.
Outside of work, Cid loves to spend time with his family and friends. His hobbies include bass fishing, motorcycle road racing, and restoring old motorcycles.
Skills & Accomplishments
- Bilingual and bicultural, native speaker English and Spanish
- The Expert Network — Distinguished Lawyer designation, 2017
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40, 2017
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys — 10 Best for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service, 2016 and 2017
- CALI — Excellence for the Future Award, for excellent achievement in the study of Constitutional Law II and Commercial Law
- Phoenix Law Review Faculty Advisor’s Award, Recipient, 2009
- Navy Achievement Medal, 2004
- Navy Unit Commendation, for substantial contributions to recognition as squadron of the year, 2003
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission, Commissioner - June 2013 - Present
- State Bar of Arizona, Standing Appointments Committee, Member - September 2012 - Present
- Subcommittee on Confidentiality (SOC), Member - May 2013
- State Bar of Arizona, Bar Leadership Institute, Selection Committee
- Committee Member - 2016 - Present
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member - 2016 — Present
- Arizona Association for Justice, Member - 2018 – Present
- Los Abogados Hispanic Bar Association, Member - January 2006 - Present
- Board of Directors, Director - 2011
- *Membership Committee, Chair 2013 American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member - January 2013
- Arizona Supreme Court, Admission to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, Admission to Practice
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Admission to Practice
- United States Supreme Court, Admission to Practice
- Board of Directors, The Love Tree Farm Inc.
- Arizona Western College, Paralegal Program
- The Impact Club
- Board of Directors, Community Justice Boards of the Greater Yuma Area
- Director, President Secretary and Attorney General
- Kallen Board, Community Justice Boards of the Greater Yuma Area
- Kofa High School Mock Trial Program
- Kofa High School
- AVID Professional Panel Speaker
- Phoenix School of Law, Annual Minority Law Day
- Attorney Panelist Speaker